Welcome to Bert Bat Con

To tell you the truth, this blog is about my meanderings in Miniature Wargaming. Enjoy.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars for the Xbox 360


I have always been a fan of the Command & Conquer series. My first experience of it was playing at a bachelor's party (Dan was that yours?? I can't remember). We had 2 TV s and 2 Playstations, so we had to groups playing one each team (one could only do the controls). It was a blast. Of course my best experience was playing Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 on the computer. Real Time Strategy games are best on the computer. You can do every faster.
So when Command & Conquer 3 came out, the question was: Computer or Xbox 360? It came down to this: I would need a new computer to play this game! So Xbox 360 it was. I was leary about playing it on the console and even though my first experience with Command & Conquer was on the console, I know the great ease of playing it on the computer.
Well, after playing it for several months now I must say that the Xbox 36o version is great! They have helped try and take the ease of having a keyboard into a controller. Certainly it is not as fast but it is simple and fluid. Purist will not like it on the 360 but you still get that feeling of playing it. There are times when I play that I wish I had a keyboard because I know that unit wouldn't have been destroyed with my engineer in it! But to experience Command & Conquer again without purchasing a new computer, the 360 is perfect.
They stick with the Red Alert 2 like physical cutscenes which is fantastic. And the story is as thrilling as the previous ones (excluding Generals...ugh). So if I'd recommend you check Command & Conquer out on the console...you'll be surprised.

4 comments:

Pastor Mueller said...

Yeah, I've always wondered how RTS games "moved over" to the consoles. I do, however, remembrer playing "Dune" on an old High School friend's Nintendo once. It was pretty cool, although I think it was only single player. Sounds like I should get a console sometime... I've been impressed by Wii... But there are no real "wargames" for that one, at least none that I've seen yet. :)

Anonymous said...

inclination unexpected vederpacha infiltrate bearing rarity indication artswhy helpline ready common
lolikneri havaqatsu

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it